Friday, July 15, 2011

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne/Spot Control Kit review


   I bought the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Kit (<-- link to US shop), also known as Clean & Clear Spot Control Kit, in Boots(<-- link to UK/Ireland shop) a few months ago. This kit claims to give you clearer skin from day 1, which I thought would be pretty incredible. It was only €15 so I thought that it might be worth a try. I was wrong.

   The first few days were fine, and my skin got smoother and better so I got excited. I thought that this was going to be my skincare routine forever! I have sensitive, dry skin if anyone's wondering. Then it took a nosedive. My skin was still clear but my skin became dry and flaky. It was dry and cracked, no matter how much of the moisturiser I put on! Unfortunately, I wasn't at home for about a week when this was happening so I couldn't change anything.

 At first I thought that it was the makeup I was wearing at the time was drying out my skin so I continued to use the kit. Big mistake. In the next few days I cut down the use to once a day and then every other day in hopes that it might still work but my skin was still dry and flaky, it was disgusting! I stopped using the kit and I'm not going to go back to it!

   The face wash dried out my skin and the moisturiser was not moisturising! The spot treatment was ok, not my favourite but I will keep it as a spare just in case. As for the rest of the kit, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment